Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reports To: Commercial Director
Direct Reports: N/A
To build a portfolio of new and existing clients through appointments and telesales with the objectives of maximising gross profit and providing an excellent level of customer care.
- 2+ years of proven sales experience and achievement.
- Strong understanding of the wholesale market (consolidation).
- Willingness to travel and work both nationally and internationally.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Achieve profit growth through effective commercial management of new and existing accounts.
- Demonstrate growth on a monthly basis and achieve the targets set out in the BDM scheme.
- Maximise all revenue opportunities from existing accounts by proactively pursuing under developed areas.
- Generate new prospect leads both face to face and via the telephone.
- Follow the company sales policies and procedures.
- Update the system with records of all sales telephone calls and visits.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports in a timely fashion.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new services.
- Both provide and record timely, accurate, competitive pricing while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Maintain contact with all clients to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Conduct presentations.
- Control expenses to meet budget.
- Demonstrate & generate enthusiasm
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Interpersonally effective
- Influence people positively
- Develop trust and respect from colleagues across the organisation
- Identify problems early & respond in a timely fashion
- Work with the team to find solutions
- Demonstrate personal drive
- Communicate effectively (active listening, questioning, expressing self clearly and concisely)
- Motivate colleagues
- Positive and pro-active approach to work
- Contribute pro-actively and professionally to formal & informal discussions with colleagues
- Work effectively with positive conflict to generate new ideas and approaches
- Deal effectively with negative conflict in a timely and assertive manner
- In control but not controlling
To apply, contact Marie Carmody on 0161 491 0491 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.